Monday, March 18, 2013

3rd and 4th Opinions

MARCH 15 (FRIDAY)

As I reread my first post, I notice that spell check is not automated and I have been conditioned to assume it is. I'll work on that.  Also, I am by no means a Dr. or anything close to it. Therefore, there will be mistakes and things that I get plane wrong. Feel free to correct/inform me or let it slide. :)

Dr. Cosgrave had a patient that had an AN removed several years ago by 2 Dr's at University of Utah Hospital. 1 doctor wanted to do translabrynthe and the other sub occipital. I have an appt. with Dr. Shelton on Thur. The other, Dr. Thompson, has since gone to University of Michigan (shout out to my Ann Arbor peeps!)  Dr. Thompson received my MRI and called me.  He thought it looked like an AN but thought there was an "outside chance" it is a meningianoma. (Meningianoma is a tumor that originates from the brain or the skull lining.) He said he would do a posterior fossa/depressurization, get as much as they could and then come back a few weeks later and finish the sensitive nerve area with a fresh start.  The surgery would be so long he wouldn't want to risk a mistake do to fatigue. The chance of hearing is very small but it is worth trying. He was very kind and indicated that if I wanted to come out to MI he would be glad to have me.

MARCH 16  Interestingly enough, I have asked each Dr. if I should stop playing soccer. (Pete and I play with several family members. we are in the middle of a season right now.)  Each one did not hesitate to say "No. Keep going." So I have.
A picture of Pete after a game is far better art than one of me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are writing this down. I love to read it even though I've heard it all. I think that after years have gone by you'll love that you wrote it down too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this blog. I love being able to find out what's going on with you. I'm thinking of you often and praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can definately commiserate together on all the insurance red tape if not the recovery. Hope your doing well.

      Delete