Sunday, March 24, 2013

...Comes in Threes.

MARCH 24 (SUNDAY)



Last week PJ was at a soccer birthday party playing goalie and was the victim of a "13 year old brother" who drilled one into the net. As Pj reached out to get a hand on the ball it bent his wrist back.  X-ray confirmed, it was broken. Uncle Mike, knowing PJ and sports are one in the same, said he should get an exo splint. A splint that is molded to your arm and that collegiate athletes, as well as others, wear so they can still participate. It is a cool little gadget and so much less obtrusive than the typical fiberglass. The trainer (yep, went to a legit sports medicine office) that fit it to him said she doesn't give it to kids his age because they can take it off.  After promising good behavior he was excited to show everyone his "sports" cast.
 




Pete and Sydney have not felt great and members of the extended family have had strep recently so we made a visit to the Dr.'s to get a test. I came with so I could take Syd home and Pete could go to a meeting.  When they both came back positive, I took a test. I was positive, too. So we have our own little pharmacy and we are watching the other kids closely.




My eyeballs kind of look creepy!
We talked with the kids a little more today about the surgery. Today was the first time they heard about the hearing loss that accompanies the surgery. Sweet Sam got emotional about Mom losing the hearing in her right ear. He's always been a boy with a tender heart, and his emotions come to the surface when he senses something difficult for someone else or he relates a hard situation to someone he loves. I love that sweet kid!

Front view looking "through" my face (I think)
Here are a few more MRI photos with Gadolinium and a contrast agent, which causes the tumor to almost "glow". This makes it easier to spot and detect, but I think the surgeons have seen enough of these that they already know what they're looking for. The wait and prep continues.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I can't stop thinking about your "lemons into lemonade" Relief Society lesson. You are one amazing girl. Stay strong! I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete