Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 8th is the day.

MARCH 28th

Christian and his souvenir.
Christian loves to smell things. Food, toys, clothes, ski helmets. I have caught him smelling all of these. Friday I was with friends Jacquie and Kim and he was playing outside and found an air soft gun pellet.  He looked at it and asked if he could eat it. I said no, it isn't candy it's a toy. He looked at it and then smelled it to perform his own test of edibility. He looked concerned when it went straight up his nose.  He tried to get it out but only pushed it further.  I told the girls I couldn't believe how many times I am going to the doctor this month.  Jacquie said a Dr told a friend when something goes up the nose you can blow in the mouth to get it out. So, I pinched his other nostril and blew into Christian's mouth. The pellet flew out like a rocket. Disaster averted.

After weeks of deliberation and prayer, we have decided to have Dr. Shelton and M. Reichman perform the surgery on Monday April 8th. It will be at the new hospital (IMC) in Murray, Utah about 30 min  from our house.  I am happy to stay in Utah to be close to the kids, as well as, recover at home instead of a hotel.  I will visit both surgeons one more time before I go in.  I am really excited to have an end date to work towards.  The last couple of days have been hard physically so I am glad to think I will feel better soon.

The tumor has been growing 15-20 years so I am nervous to wake up a different person. I have made Pete triple pinkie swear he will tell me if he's sees a personalty change. Other than that I am more anxious than nervous. Bring on the Jello!

2 comments:

  1. I just can't believe that it has been growing that long! How long do you think it has been since you have been having symptoms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always run into walls and had a depth perception issue so I think that is just me.:) But looking back I would say at least 2 years. I almost blacked out at Costco once. I've been extra fatigued so I haven't worked out since Christian was born. I've had headaches more and more over time but seriosly thought I shouldn't complain because everyoe gets them. I quess we'll see if they are related or if it is the kids. I'll be glad when it is gone because I can feel it like you can feel a pebble in your shoe. I just didn't know what it was that I was feeling. I'm still a little hesitant to complain because there are worse things and certainly worse pains. I'll milk it with Pete though. He'll le me get away with it. :)

      Delete