Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm back - kind of!

I’m not fixed and I certainly don’t have spell check figured out but I am writing just the same. My left hand has become more graceful and dominant while my right side has issues. I won’t be driving for a little while because of it, even if I felt mentally good enough to drive.  Which I don’t.  
 
Saturday, May 11, Pete took me to Ben’s annual birthday bash: a marvel movie, this one being Iron Man 3. He didn’t mind being seen with the one who couldn’t walk or the eye patch. I still haven’t taken the time to get a handicap decal so he had to drop me off and park. It was a great night despite the case of emergencies. (noise cancelling headphones, crystallized ginger, preggie pops, oxicodone, blanket, and hospital  space-saving  throw-up bag). It made me brave enough that we went to a park monday night just to enjoy summer.
We visited Dr. Shelton, Thursday May 16, and I failed the tests miserably on the right side. He said the temperature issues on my left side and the control on the right side are both cerebellum issues. He ordered a ct scan to rule out water on the brain (hydrocephalous) and ordered physical and occupational therapy to help.  My eye looks good for its condition and I got more patches.  
I have been getting my breakfast and filling up the dishwasher as a novelty. I’m not much help but at least I’m not much as a burden either. I waddle upstairs to put the kids to bed sometimes but I rely on others to do laundry and clean bathrooms.  Anything really important. The boys are taken every school day because I still take good naps. Even Christian knows the routine.  He tells me he cries for mommy and daddy but he has a house and he sleeps there. L But he says it in a smiley “reassure me” way.
 That is all I can type out as a left hander, double vision, kind of gal. As long as you are forgiving I will write more often.


3 comments:

  1. Manda I am in awe of you. You are truly amazing. I watched you take the time and effort to do things that were hard and would have been easier to let someone else do. You are an amazing example! I told all my kids last night they should be just like you! Love you beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! It is so good to hear from you. I've been wanting to call, but I didn't know how the phone was for you. I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, You are an amazing woman! Hang in there i'm sure you are getting stronger daily. I was showing my mom your blog over the weekend because she has lost hearing in one hear do to a viral infection. She went through the balance and nausea problems you are goin through. She wanted me to tell you that the balance clinic in Salt Lake helped her so much. They give you exercises you have to do each day and she still does them and it helps so much. She also wanted to suggest walking poles. She said they helped her more than a walker cause she could control where she set them on each side. We are thinking and praying for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete